Posted by: Colorado River Rafting
The roar of the rapids! The thrill of cascading waterfalls! The aroma of peach-scented bath salts and the factory-manufactured squawk of your rubber ducky... hey, wait a second. You're not whitewater rafting - you're just taking a bubble bath. You wimp. Wasn't this the year you promised yourself you'd try an extreme sport? And while surfing the net with your iBook's electrical cord dangling precariously over the rim of the bathtub may qualify as "dangerous," it hardly passes for an extreme sport now, does it?
So get out of the bathtub and give whitewater rafting a try. Here are some reasons why you should take the plunge:
- Whitewater rafting is an exciting way to see the great outdoors.
- Whitewater rafting is a challenging (but fun) way of testing your strength, endurance, reflex time and ability to think on your feet.
- Whitewater rafting is a group activity that brings friends closer together through teamwork.
- Whitewater rafting is a whole lot cheaper than those big sissy cruise ships.
- Whitewater rafting is a sheer adrenaline rush.
- Whitewater rafting gives you a great excuse to toss back a few brewskis when you're done.
- Whitewater rafting gives you bragging rights to whatever river you tamed, making you much more attractive to the whitewater groupies everywhere.